Recovery Update: Mikey Did It!

8/02/2008 10:07:00 AM Posted In Edit This 10 Comments »
Who's the bestest husband in the world? Who's my hero? Yep, that would be Mike!! He managed to get ALL my data ... every single last thing has been saved! Everything has come "home" and I'm so relieved & thrilled I can't even put it into words! I think Mike is just as happy ... now he's trying to fix the EHD to see if it can still function. I guess now he's discovered that it wasn't just a software issue, but there was indeed something wrong w/the hardware. Which makes me even MORE lucky that he was able to recover it all!

So, what have we all learned from my horrible experience? BACK EVERYTHING UP in multiple places! Seriously guys, no one needs to go thru this type of hell. It was just awful!

I've also learned that there are some wonderful people out there - people that I've never met in real life who have reached out to me and offered me help, support, friendship, and encouragement when I needed it most. You guys are all very special individuals and this week would have been so much worse without all of you! ((((BIG HUGE HUGS)))) to all of you!!

*** FREEBIE TIME ***

To celebrate, I created another little CU Sampler Pack ... and called it "Ohh Happy Day!"



I hope that you enjoy it, and that it serves as a reminder to all of us to take care of our important files! I hand drew the doodle in the overlay ... I kinda like it and think maybe I'll do a series of doodlish overlays! lol It will remain active through Monday, 8/04.

(( Edit: 8/5/08 - Link has expired ))

Don't forget to scroll down and get some other freebies! The Zoo Spirit will be available for the entire month of August.



Available, Until Through 8/03, In My Stores:

Divine Digital

DigiScrap Warehouse

Commercial-Use

Scroll Down to my post of July 29th for previews of what's INSIDE the bag! I'm sure you don't want to miss this deal!!

Okay ... time for me to get busy! You all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Babette

10 comments:

Connie said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news. I agree it's time to celebrate. I guess you know you will never gat Mike paid, don't you? LOL Thanks so much for all the wonderful freebies you've been giving us. I love your work.

Babette said...

Thanks Connie!! Ummmm ... yeah, I know it ... but hey, that's okay - I got all my stuff back! lol

Jackie said...

GO MIKE!!!!! Babette, I'm soooooo happy for you!!! *huggles*

Anonymous said...

Congrats Babette!
I've been following your story and I know how I would feel if I thought I lost my hard work.
I am glad you have it all back and can breathe again, give Mike a big hug and smooch. :)

Kit

Anonymous said...

Babette, that is just wonderful news! I am so very glad that Mike could recover everything! He surely is a gem! Thank you for the gift! You are so very sweet and I'm so celebrating that everything has worked out so well!!!!!

Aunt Anne (adsd group)

AdronsCatherine said...

I've been so worried for you! I subscribed to Mozy about a month ago, and am very glad I did. Of course, the backup process is incredibly slow (it's not done YET!), but there is a definite peace of mind that goes with knowing that it's being done :o) I resized a paper, then as I was closing it, I hit accidentally "yes" when it asked if I wanted to save changes. Grrrrrr! However, that was a file that Mozy had already backed up and I was able to recover it! WOOHOO!!!

Anyway, I'm so glad you have such a fabulous husband who was able to recover all your data - way to go, Mike!!!

Thank you so much for the goodies - this is a much better reason to make gifties for us ;o)

Beth said...

I am SO excited for you! Thanks for the wonderful gift!

Nicole said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that everything is back together! WTG, Mike! LOL

Cristi said...

You should check out mozy.com. They back up everything remotely so even if your house burned down you'd still have everything on your hard drive. The initial backup takes a long time but after that it's nothin'. It's only $5 a month so I think it is totally worth it. I would just die if I lost everything so I can only imagine the stress you were going through! Thanks for the cute Zoo kit, I love it!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

I have a surprise for you on my blog Babette, come check it out!
http://reflectionsofnwlady.blogspot.com/
Hugs, Patti