Humpty Dumpty had a great fall ....

7/24/2010 04:39:00 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
and I'm Humpty Dumpty!  Last night I fell from the top stair of my front porch and landed face down on the concrete walkway!!  I had stopped to fix the strap on my shoe, and my right ankle gave out or maybe I stepped off the step (not sure about that part) and I lost my balance and tumbled down 4 steps and landed face first.  Of course, there was blood everywhere and Mike was freaking out.  Quickly I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to get myself up as both my hands hurt like B*TCH (especially the one I just surgery on) and couldn't use them to get myself upright.  We called 911 and  fire dept and ambulance arrived within 3 minutes.  They got me up and then when I was standing I got super dizzy and nauseous. Mike ran and got me a folding chair and they started to evaluate me - they ended up putting me on the stretcher right away cuz the dizziness wasn't going away.   Anyway, to make this long story a bit shorter ... after spending the night  in the ER - I have a sprained right ankle, both hands/wrists are sprained, my nose is all cut up, my lips look like I was in a fight!  I can type slowly as long as I don't move my arm much.  I won't be able to drive though for a while.  I'm calling the hand surgeon on Monday - I'm most worried about the hand that I just had surgery on.

Hope everyone has a much better weekend than I'm having!!  LOL

3 comments:

belle said...

Ouch! I hope you make a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself!

fl_connie said...

Sure hope you get better soon! ((hugs))

Unknown said...

OH, MY!!!!!! Please take care of yourself! Hoping and praying that you heal quickly and feel better very VERY soon!!!!